Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Speeches Comparrison

My first speach contained a lot of hand gestures and enthusiasm, possibly because I had a powerpoint to look off of and the topic was less serious than my persuasive speech. My voice was very quiet and I did not project well. I looked around the room rarely, and mainly focused on the left side of the room since I was looking at the powerpoint towards that side. All the excersizes Mr.Lunn had us do in class drastically helped with projecting my voice, not using fillers, and looking around the room.
My second speech seemed to be worse. My topic was very serious and I wasn't able to have much enthusiasm talking about death. I didn't use very many hand gestures, but I made a point to create an introduction and conclusion. I cited my sources in my speech, and used a lot of real life examples to support my information and further my explaination. My persuasive speech was better in the sense that I included more information and it was more professional. All together, my persuasive speech fit the requirements for a speech much better than my informative speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment